- 23 February 2021
- Posted by: Aldaleel_Libya
- Category: Business
What is GIS?
The Geographic Information System (GIS) is a system for data collection, management, and analysis. GIS rooted in geographic science contains several forms of data. It analyzes spatial positions and uses maps and 3D scenes to assemble layers of information into visualizations. GIS reveals greater insights into data with this unique capability, including patterns, relationships, and situations, helping users make smart choices.
A large number of organizations in nearly every field use GIS to create maps that interact, conduct analysis, exchange information, and resolve challenging issues around the globe. This is transforming the world’s way of working. Using GIS helps you:
– Identify your challenges through illuminating problems driven by geography.
– Monitor climate change, if a picture says a thousand sentences, a map displays a thousand images.
– Manage and respond to events in which GIS offers situational awareness in real-time.
-Perform forecasting to traffic prediction.
-Based on spatial analysis GIS helps you to set priorities through public safety authorities that can identify target areas and appoint officers in those areas by examining crime rates.
-Understand trends in order to gain insight into data that a spreadsheet might lack.
How does it work?
GIS technology uses geographic science and tools for comprehension and collaboration. It allows people to accomplish a shared goal and obtain actionable intelligence from all data types through:
- GIS Maps: are conveniently shared and integrated into applications, and available to everyone anywhere, which Maps are the geographic repository for the data layers and analytics that you choose to work with. GIS maps are conveniently shared and integrated into applications, and available to everyone anywhere
- GIS data: contains pictures, features, and base maps connected to spreadsheets and tables, where most of the data has a geographic component. GIS encompasses a vast variety of relevant data layers utilizing spatial position.
- Analysis: Spatial analysis allows you to assess suitability and capability, anticipate and predict, interpret and comprehend, and many more, providing your insight and decision-making with new perspectives.
- Apps: To get work done and bring GIS to life for everyone, GIS apps provide focused user experiences. They work on mobile phones, tablets, web browsers, and desktops, virtually everywhere.
Our partnership with Esri?
Esri, the global market leader in GIS, was founded to help resolve some of the most challenging problems in the world since 1969. By helping users’ valuable work with a devotion to science, sustainability, community, education, research, and social change. Through our partnership with Esri, Al-Daleel Raqamee for IT and GIS provide custom solutions for ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Mobile, ArcGIS Online, and Portal for ArcGIS, giving its priority to pursuit for the best solutions and endeavoring to win your satisfaction. We were incorporated in 2013 as a Libyan limited liability company specialized in connecting and integrating information technologies and geosystems according to the state-of-the-art technologies to serve governmental institutions and the private sector. Al-Daleel Information Technologies (LLC) is also seeking a spirit of partnership with its suppliers and customers during and after implementation.
Al-Daleel for Information Technology &GIS (LLC) aims to become a very emphatic name in the area of information technology and geographic systems and to offer optimum solutions by the sustained improvement of our technologies and through the provision of technical support and consultancy on information technology. High-level courses are also being organized in their area of expertise to raise the professional competence of the specialists in this field in public and private organizations either through our local ‘know-how’ or through the outsourcing of our global partners throughout the world.